Age Limit: 5
Pope Francis will visit Sweden in October to participate in an ecumenical service and the beginning of a year of activities to mark the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation.
The Lutheran World Federation and the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity released details of the ecumenical events that Pope Francis will attend in southern Sweden on October 31st 2016. The joint Lutheran-Catholic commemoration will mark the 500th anniversary of the Reformation and will feature a liturgy in Lund cathedral, followed by a public event at an arena in the nearby city of Malmö.
The commemoration, structured around the themes of thanksgiving, repentance and commitment to common witness, will also celebrate the fruits of 50 years of Catholic-Lutheran dialogue.
There will also be preformances during the day. The artists Malena Ernman, Cirkus Cirkör, Samuel Ljungblahd and Sandro Cavazza, togehter with about 15 different choirs.
The prayer service in Lund cathedral will be led by Pope Francis, LWF President Bishop Munib Younan and LWF General Secretary Rev. Martin Junge, based on a shared liturgical guide and the joint report entitled ‘From Conflict to Communion’. The event in the Malmö Arena will showcase the common witness of the LWF’s World Service and Caritas Internationalis, including their work to care for refugees, peacebuilding, and advocacy for climate justice.
Tickets cost 100 Skr (10 Euro) each and the entire proceeds of the ticket sale (including ticketmasters service charge) will go to projects of The Lutheran World Federation and Caritas Internationalis with Syrian refugees in the Middle East.
• The main entrance opens at 11:30 am
• The event starts at 13:30 pm
• Children has to be 5 years or older to participate
• ID Verification will take place upon entry. The name on the ticket must match with valid identification.
• Printed e-ticket or e-ticket in a smartphone are displayed on entry.
• Screenshot or photograph of the ticket will not be accepted.
• Changing the name on the reservation / ticketing is not possible.
• All visitors will pass a security checkpoint
• Bags or umbrellas may not be taken into the arena.
• Handbags with a maximum size of 12x24x32 cm is OK, but will be X-rayed before entrance.
• Public transportation information here www.skanetrafiken.se/pope